A. Requirements. If the cards are dealt from a dealer’s hand, the following requirements shall be met:
(1) An automated shuffling device shall be used to shuffle the cards.
(2) After the procedures required under Regulation .27 of this chapter have been completed, the dealer shall place the stacked deck of cards in either of the dealer’s hand.
(3) After the dealer has chosen the hand in which to hold the cards, the dealer shall continue to use that hand while holding the cards during that round of play.
(4) The cards held by the dealer shall be kept over the table inventory container and in front of the dealer at all times.
(5) Before dealing any cards, the dealer shall:
(a) Announce “no more bets”; and
(b) If the Progressive Payout Wager is being offered, use the progressive table game system to prevent the placement of any additional Progressive Payout Wagers.
(6) If any Progressive Payout Wagers have been made, the dealer shall:
(a) On the layout in front of the table inventory container, collect the wagers in accordance with the standard rules;
(b) Verify that the number of value chips wagered equals the number of Progressive Payout Wagers accepted by the progressive table game system; and
(c) Place the value chips into the table inventory container.
B. The dealer shall:
(1) Deal each card by holding the deck of cards in the chosen hand;
(2) Use the other hand to remove the top card of the deck to place it face down on the appropriate area of the layout;
(3) Deal the cards in accordance with the standard rules.
(4) Except as provided in §C of this regulation, after dealing cards in accordance with the standard rules, place the stub in the discard rack without exposing the cards.
C. If an automated card shuffling device described in Regulation .27 of this chapter is not being used, the dealer shall:
(1) Count the stub at least once every five rounds of play to determine if the correct number of cards is still present in the deck in accordance with the standard rules; and
(2) Determine the number of cards in the stub by counting the cards face down on the layout.
D. If the count of the stub indicates that the correct number of cards is in the deck, the dealer shall place the stub in the discard rack without exposing the cards.
E. If the count of the stub indicates that the number of cards in the deck is not correct, the dealer shall determine if the cards were misdealt.
F. If the correct number of cards remains in the deck, but the cards were misdealt so that a player has more or less than the required number of cards or the dealer has more or less than the required number of cards, all hands are void and the dealer shall return all wagers to the players.
G. If the cards were not misdealt as described in §E of this regulation, all hands are void and the dealer shall return all wagers to the players and remove the entire deck of cards from the table.