A. Except as otherwise provided in §§B and C of this regulation, each die used in the play of table games shall:
(1) Be formed in the shape of a perfect cube and of a size not smaller than 0.750 inch on each side nor any larger than 0.775 inch on each side, with a tolerance of +/- 0.005;
(2) Be transparent and made exclusively of cellulose except for the spots, name or logo of the facility operator, and serial number or letters on the die;
(3) Be perfectly flat on the surface of each of its sides, with the spots contained in each side flush with the area surrounding them;
(4) Have all edges and corners perfectly square and forming 90 degree angles.
(5) Have the texture and finish of each side identical to the texture and finish of all other sides;
(6) Have its weight equally distributed throughout the cube with no side of the cube heavier or lighter than any other side of the cube;
(7) Have the six sides bearing white circular spots from one to six respectively with the diameter of each spot equal to the diameter of every other spot on the die;
(8) Have spots arranged so that:
(a) The side containing one spot is directly opposite the side containing six spots;
(b) The side containing two spots is directly opposite the side containing five spots; and
(c) The side containing three spots is directly opposite the side containing four spots;
(9) Have each spot shall be placed on the die by drilling into the surface of the cube and filling the drilled out portion with a compound which is equal in weight to the weight of the cellulose drilled out and which forms a permanent bond with the cellulose cube and extends into the cube exactly the same distance as every other spot extends into the cube to an accuracy tolerance of 0.0004 inch;
(10) Have imprinted or impressed on the die a serial number or letters and the name or logo of the facility operator using the die.
B. Pai Gow and Pai Gow Poker. Dice used in the table games of pai gow and pai gow poker must comply with the requirements of §A of this regulation, except as follows:
(1) Each die must be formed in the shape of a perfect cube and of a size not smaller than 0.637 inch on each side nor any larger than 0.643 inch on each side;
(2) With the Commission’s approval, a facility operator may have an identifying mark imprinted or impressed on each die instead of the name or logo of the facility operator; and
(3) The spots on each die do not have to be equal in diameter.
C. Sic Bo. Dice used in the table game of sic bo must comply with §A of this regulation, except each die may be formed in the shape of a cube 0.625 inch on each side with ball edge corners.
D. Dice may not be used in a facility unless a detailed schematic depicting the actual size and color of the dice, and the location of serial numbers, letters or logos on the dice, has been submitted to, and approved by, the Commission under COMAR 36.05.03.16.