A. Value Chips.
(1) Within 120 days of the commencement of table games at a facility, the facility operator shall have at least one Commission-approved set of value chips that may be used as a back-up for $100 and $500 value chips in active use.
(2) A back-up set of value chips maintained for use by a facility operator shall have secondary colors that are different from the secondary colors of the value chips in active use and may use a different shade of the primary color.
(3) A back-up set of value chips shall conform to the color and design requirements in this chapter.
B. Roulette Chips.
(1) A facility operator shall have at least one reserve set of roulette chips for each color roulette chip used in the facility with a design insert or symbol different from the roulette chips comprising the primary sets.
(2) A back-up set of roulette chips must conform to the color and design requirements in this chapter.
C. RFID chips. If a facility operator uses RFID chips for its value or roulette chips, the facility operator may submit a request to the Commission for waiver of the requirements in §A or B of this regulation B that shall include at least:
(1) A detailed description of the RFID technology and devices that will be used at the facility;
(2) A detailed description of how the RFID chips and related equipment will be used in the facility;
(3) A detailed explanation of how the use of the RFID chips and related equipment will reduce or eliminate the potential use of counterfeit value or roulette chips; and
(4) The approximate length of time it will take the facility operator to install the necessary devices and related equipment for the RFID technology to be operational in the facility.
D. The facility operator shall remove a set of gaming chips in use from active play when:
(1) A facility operator reasonably believes that the facility is taking on multiple counterfeit chips valued at $100 or more so as to call into question the security and integrity of the gaming chip set;
(2) A facility operator determines there is an impropriety or defect in the use of a set of chips makes removal of the chips in active use necessary; and
(3) The Commission directs a facility operator to remove a set of chips from active use.
E. A facility operator shall place into active play a Commission- approved back-up set of value chips or a reserve set of roulette chips required under §§A and B of this regulation when an active set is removed.
F. Before a set of chips in active use is removed from play, the facility operator shall notify the Commission compliance representatives of the impending removal and the reasons for the removal.
G. A facility operator shall immediately notify a Commission compliance representative of the discovery of counterfeit value chips.