A. In addition to the terms defined in State Government Article, §9-1A-01, Annotated Code of Maryland and in COMAR 36.03.01.02, which have the same meanings in this subtitle, in this subtitle the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Ante” means the wager that a player may be required to make prior to any cards being dealt to participate in the round of play.
(2) “Assistant table games shift manager” means an employee of a facility operator whose primary function is to supervise all of the table games in a licensed facility and who may be authorized to act as the table games shift manager in his absence.
(3) “Automated card shuffling device” means a software compatible mechanical or electronic contrivance that automatically randomizes playing cards, either continuously or on command, to be utilized for table gaming activity.
(4) “Bad Beat” means one or more predesignated high value Poker hands which, when held by a player as a losing hand in a round of play, results in a Bad Beat payout.
(5) “Bad Beat payout” means one or more payouts made to a player upon the occurrence of a Bad Beat.
(6) “Banking table game” means a table game in which a player competes against a facility operator rather than against another player.
(7) “Boxperson” means an employee of a facility operator whose primary function is to participate in and supervise the conduct of gaming at a single craps table.
(8) “Cover card” means an opaque card that is a solid color readily distinguishable from the color of the backs and edges of the playing cards.
(9) Dealer Controlled Electronic Table Game.
(a) “Dealer controlled electronic table game” means a table game or table game equipment that:
(i) Requires a live dealer to operate it;
(ii) Utilizes electronics as part of the games operation to collect and store game outcome, accounting and other significant event data; and
(iii) Permits wagering to be conducted electronically at a table game that is operated by a dealer.
(b) A “dealer controlled electronic table game” may not randomly determine the game of chance.
(10) “Dealing shoe” means a device that holds multiple decks of playing cards that the dealer deals during the operation of a table game.
(11) “Direct Bet Coupon” means an approved wagering instrument with a stated denomination that, when presented at a banking game, the patron may use for wagering.
(12) “Fill” means the distribution of gaming chips, coins, and plaques to a gaming table to replenish the table inventory.
(13) “Match Play Coupon” means an approved wagering instrument with a stated denomination that when presented with gaming chips at a banking game is included in the amount of the patron’s wager.
(14) “Nonbanking table game” means a table game in which a player competes against another player and in which the facility operator collects a rake.
(15) “Pit clerk” means an employee of a facility operator whose primary function is to prepare documentation required for the operation of table games, including requests for fills, requests for credits, counter checks or other documents that evidence the exchange of gaming chips.
(16) “Pit manager” means an employee of a facility operator whose primary function is to supervise all of the table games in one or more gaming pits.
(17) “Poker rake chip” means a chip used by dealers to facilitate the collection of the rake in the poker room.
(18) “Poker shift manager” means an employee of a facility operator whose primary function is to supervise all of the poker tables in a poker room.
(19) “Rake” means a set fee or percentage assessed by a facility operator for providing the services of a dealer, gaming table or location, to allow the play or operation of any nonbanking game.
(20) “Roulette chip” means a nonvalue chip which does not contain a denomination on either face which is used for wagering at the game of Roulette.
(21) “Round of play” means one complete cycle of play during which all wagers have been placed, all cards have been dealt and all wagers have been settled in accordance with the rules of the game.
(22) “Standard rules” means the basic requirements that govern the play of a table game approved by the Commission.
(23) “Stickperson” means an employee of a facility operator whose primary function is to control the selection and use of the dice at a craps table.
(24) “Stub” means the remaining portion of a deck or decks after all cards in a round of play have been dealt.
(25) “Suit” means one of the four categories of cards:
(c) Hearts; or
(26) “Table games shift manager” means an employee of a facility operator whose primary function is to supervise all of the table game operations in a licensed facility during a shift.
(27) “Table inventory” means the chips, coins, or plaques used for the operation of a table game.
(28) “Table inventory container” means the area of a gaming table where a boxman or dealer keeps gaming chips, coins or plaques used for the operation of a table game.
(29) “Tournament chip” means a chip used for wagering in a table game tournament or poker tournament.
(30) “Washing” means mixing of a deck or decks of cards or tiles by placing the cards or tiles face down on a table and mixing them around with both hands so that they are in no particular order.
(31) “Vigorish” means a percentage commission that is taken by a facility operator from a wager placed by a player or the winnings of a player.