A. The Commission shall issue an identification card to an individual who is licensed as a video lottery employee.
B. Identification Card.
(1) An identification card shall display a photograph of the licensee and, at a minimum, indicate:
(a) The individual's name;
(b) By color, pattern, or symbol, the licensing category; and
(c) The license expiration date.
(2) An identification card is evidence that the licensee is authorized to be employed in the designated licensing category by a licensed facility operator, manufacturer, or contractor.
(3) An identification card is the property of the Commission.
C. Licensee Obligations. A licensee:
(1) Shall wear or otherwise prominently display the licensee’s identification card at all times while working unless otherwise approved by the Commission for a specific date and time;
(2) Shall immediately report a loss or theft of the card to the licensee’s employer and the Commission;
(3) May not allow another individual to possess the card; and
(4) Shall comply with an order of the Commission to surrender the card.
D. Replacement Identification Card.
(1) If an identification card issued under this regulation is lost or stolen:
(a) The licensee shall immediately:
(i) Report the loss or theft to the licensee’s employer; and
(ii) In a form or format designated by the Commission, submit to the Commission a written description of the circumstances of the loss or theft; and
(b) After verifying the licensee’s identity, the Commission may issue a new identification card to the licensee.
(2) If an identification card issued under this regulation is temporarily unavailable to the licensee:
(a) The licensee shall immediately:
(i) Report the temporary unavailability of the card to the licensee’s employer; and
(ii) In a form or format designated by the Commission, submit to the Commission a written description as to why the card is temporarily unavailable;
(b) After verifying the licensee’s identity, the Commission may issue an emergency credential to the licensee that is valid for 1 work day; and
(c) The licensee shall surrender the emergency credential to the Commission at the end of the work day on which the licensee received the card.
(3) If the Commission issues a replacement or temporary identification card to a licensee, the licensee’s employer shall pay the Commission:
(a) $40 for the cost of a replacement identification card; or
(b) $20 for the cost of a temporary identification card.
E. Surrender and Reissuance of Identification Card.
(1) The employer of the video lottery employee who was issued an identification card under this regulation shall ensure that the licensee’s identification card is surrendered to the Commission if the:
(a) Commission suspends or revokes the license;
(b) License is not renewed;
(c) Licensee separates from employment with licensee’s employer; or
(d) Licensee is otherwise ordered to surrender the identification card.
(2) If an identification card is not surrendered as required under §D(2)(c) or E(1) of this regulation, the licensee’s employer may be subject to enforcement action under COMAR 36.03.04.
(3) If an identification card was surrendered when the licensee separated employment from the licensee’s employer, the Commission may issue the licensee another identification card if the:
(a) Licensee obtains employment with a licensed facility operator, manufacturer, or contractor;
(b) Term of the license has not expired; and
(c) Commission verifies:
(i) The licensee’s identity;
(ii) That the license was in good standing when the card was surrendered; and
(iii) That the license has not expired and remains in good standing.
(4) There is no fee for an identification card issued under §E(3) of this regulation.
(5) Nothing in this regulation shall preclude the Commission from taking enforcement action against a licensee based on the circumstances related to the licensee’s separation from employment.