A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Assignee" means a person who enters into a contract of assignment with a lottery prize winner or the estate of a lottery prize winner to obtain by court order voluntary assignment of the lottery prize winnerís lottery prize payment in whole or in part.
(2) "Assignee affidavit" means a sworn statement made under oath before a notary public by a person representing that the person seeks to obtain an assignment.
(3) "Assignment" means the voluntary written transfer under a court order pursuant to the Assignment Law by:
(a) A lottery prize winner of all or part of the lottery prize winnerís prize payment to an assignee or subsequent assignee by court order; or
(b) An assignee or subsequent assignee of the same or related lottery prize payment that was previously assigned by court order.
(4) "Assignment Law" means State Government Article, §9-122(b)(1)(4), Annotated Code of Maryland, and this chapter.
(5) "Assignor" means:
(a) A lottery prize winner who makes the assignment of a lottery prize payment in whole or in part to an assignee or a subsequent assignee; or
(b) An assignee or subsequent assignee who seeks a court order to reassign the same or related lottery prize payment that was previously assigned by court order.
(6) "Assignor affidavit" means a sworn statement made under oath before a notary public by:
(a) A lottery prize winner who seeks to assign in whole or in part the lottery prize winnerís monetary prize payment; or
(b) A person who was previously granted assignment by the court of the same or a related lottery prize payment that the person seeks to reassign.
(7) "Contract of assignment" means the written instrument, however named, that is used to execute an assignment of a lottery prize payment.
(8) "Court" means the court in the county where the Agencyís headquarters are located.
(9) "Lottery prize payment" means a monetary prize that the Agency pays in installments over time.
(10) "Lottery prize winner" means the person who won a lottery prize payment.
(11) "Petition" means a written instrument filed in court requesting the assignment of a lottery prize payment.
(12) "Subsequent assignee" means a person designated by court order to receive the same or a related lottery prize payment from the Agency.