A. Playslips and ePlayslips.
(1) The following are not valid as a receipt to claim a prize or proof of purchase of a ticket:
(a) A playslip; or
(b) An ePlayslip.
(2) If a playslip or an ePlayslip may be used to play a draw game, the playslip or ePlayslip shall be available at no cost to the purchaser and may be used by the purchaser for selection of numbers.
(3) A playslip shall include instructions on how to complete the playslip.
(4) Except for monitor games, if game play by playslip or ePlayslip is authorized and a playslip or an ePlayslip is unavailable, the retailer shall manually enter into the ticket terminal the numbers selected by the player.
(5) For monitor games, a retailer may require players to use a playslip or an ePlayslip.
(6) The Agency or a retailer may seize and destroy an invalid playslip.
B. Purchase by Playslip Through Retailer.
(1) If a game may be played using a playslip and the player chooses to play by playslip, the purchaser shall present a completed playslip to the retailer.
(2) A player may play as many panels or play areas as are available on the playslip.
(3) A player shall mark all necessary areas on the playslip.
(4) If a player does not mark all necessary areas, the retailer shall return the playslip to the player or the terminal may select numbers necessary to complete the playslip.
(5) A playslip shall be manually marked and may not be marked by an electromechanical, electronic printing, or automated device.
(6) A playslip marked by a method other than a method authorized by this section shall be invalid.
(7) A ticket produced by an invalid playslip is invalid.
C. Purchase by ePlayslip Through Retailer.
(1) If a game may be played using an ePlayslip and the player chooses to play by ePlayslip, the purchaser shall present a completed ePlayslip to the retailer.
(2) A player may play as many panels or play areas as are available on the ePlayslip.
(3) A player shall select all necessary areas on the ePlayslip.
(4) If a player does not select all necessary areas, the retailer shall return the ePlayslip to the player.
(5) A ticket produced by an invalid ePlayslip is invalid.
D. Purchase Using a Player-activated Terminal. If a game may be played using a player-activated terminal, the player shall:
(1) Enter selections from the choices provided by the device; or
(2) Insert a playslip or scan an ePlayslip.
E. Purchase by Subscription.
(1) Subscription Plans.
(a) The Lottery may offer subscription plans.
(b) The Director shall determine the price of a subscription plan.
(c) The Director may reduce the price of a subscription plan for a specified period under a special purchase option.
(2) Subscription Applications.
(a) A purchaser of a Lottery subscription shall be a resident of Maryland or use a Maryland address for the subscription application.
(b) If a game may be purchased by subscription, a subscription application form shall:
(i) Identify the game being played; and
(ii) Require the purchaser to supply identifying information as determined by the Agency.
(d) A subscription application form shall allow the purchaser to designate:
(i) The number of drawings or games to be played, or the length of the subscription; and
(ii) If a game allows a player to select numbers, the playerís decision to supply particular numbers or to allow the Agency vendorís computer to select random numbers.
(e) A subscription application may require the player to provide any other information the Agency requires.
(3) Group Subscription Applications.
(a) An application for a subscription in the name of more than one person:
(i) Is a group subscription;
(ii) Shall designate a single group member to be the group manager;
(b) The group manager shall be:
(i) A Maryland resident or have a Maryland mailing address; and
(ii) Authorized to be the sole recipient of prizes up to an amount determined by the Director.
(c) An application for a group subscription shall include identifying information for each group member, as determined by the Agency.
(d) The application for a group will only be completed if the application form is fully completed and all requested information is provided about each group member.
(4) Subscription Email.
(a) The Agency shall provide a subscription purchaser or, if a group purchaser, the groupís representative, a subscription confirmation email.
(b) A subscription confirmation email shall include information identifying the subscription, as determined by the Agency.
(5) Subscription Play and Winning.
(a) A subscription player shall be automatically entered in each drawing or game during the period when the subscription is active.
(b) The Agency shall monitor each subscription.
(c) Payment of subscription prizes shall be made as provided for in COMAR 36.02.06.
(6) A subscription may be renewed as allowed by the Agency.