A. In this title, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Activate” means to make a book of instant tickets ready for sale.
(2) “Announced end of game” means the date determined and announced by the Agency after which retailers may not activate instant ticket game books.
(3) “Bonus drawing” means a game the Agency designates as a bonus drawing.
(4) “Bonus game” means a game the Agency designates as a bonus game or bonus drawing.
(a) “Cash” means coins, U.S. currency, money orders, debit cards, and checks.
(b) “Cash” does not include credit.
(6) “Claim form” means a paper or computer-generated document that identifies a prize claimant, prize amount, game and ticket characteristics.
(7) “Daily game” means a draw game for which the Agency offers a drawing every day.
(8) “Designated cutoff time” means the time after which a ticket may no longer be purchased for the next drawing of a specified lottery game.
(9) Draw Game.
(a) “Draw game” means a lottery game:
(i) Sold and redeemed through a subscription or a computer network at retailer locations; and
(ii) For which tickets are generated by a terminal and are a record of a transaction for a draw game.
(b) “Draw game” includes:
(i) A jackpot game;
(ii) A nonjackpot game;
(iii) A monitor game;
(iv) A multi-jurisdictional game played with draw game tickets; and
(v) Any other Agency-issued game played as described in this section.
(10) “Draw ticket” or “Draw game ticket” means a ticket purchased from a terminal or through a subscription.
(11) “Drawing” means a random selection event used for determining winning numbers of certain lottery games.
(12) "Drawing date” means the day, days of the week, or times of day on which the winning numbers for the lottery games are selected.
(13) “ePlayslip” means an electronically-generated game play selection process using an official web or mobile application issued by the Agency that is used by a player to select the purchaser’s playable numbers.
(14) “Instant game” or “instant ticket game” means a lottery game where tickets have an area that the player exposes in accordance with the game instructions, and includes:
(a) Scratch-off tickets; and
(b) Tickets using other methods of revealing a hidden area.
(15) “Instant ticket” or “instant game ticket” means an authorized lottery game ticket issued in an instant game.
(16) “Instant ticket vending machine” or “ITVM” means a machine from which an instant ticket may be purchased directly, without an individual receiving payment and delivering the ticket.
(17) “Jackpot game” means a lottery game where the top prize amount varies depending on amounts wagered and on whether the top prize was won in the preceding drawing.
(18) “Lottery game” means a game, activity, or other enterprise offered by the Agency for consideration to win a prize by random chance and, unless specified by the Director, does not include a promotional game.
(19) “Monitor” means a television screen or similar type of screen used to display draw game results.
(20) “Monitor game” means a draw game where:
(a) Tickets are generated by an Agency vendor’s computer;
(b) An Agency vendor’s computer generates results of the draw game; and
(c) Drawing results may be graphically displayed on a monitor.
(21) “Multi-jurisdictional game” means a lottery game offered by the Agency and:
(a) Any other political entity outside Maryland or outside the United States;
(b) Any private licensee of a state or a foreign nation; or
(22) “Nonjackpot game” means a lottery game where the top prize remains constant.
(23) “Number” means any item or symbol used to play to win a lottery game, including:
(b) Letters; and
(24) “Odds” means the long run ratio of the number of times a win does not occur to the number of times a win does occur.
(25) “Pari-mutuel” means:
(a) The total number of winning matches per prize level, divided equally into the dollar value of the prize pool for the specific prize level; or
(b) The total number of winning matches in the designated prize levels, divided equally into the dollar value of the prize pool for the designated prize levels.
(26) “Player-activated terminal” or “PAT” means a machine through which a player may purchase Agency tickets without action by a licensed retailer.
(27) “Playslip” means a card issued by the Agency and used by a player to select the purchaser’s playable numbers.
(28) “Probability” means the long-run ratio of the number of times a win occurs to the number of times that game’s drawings are held.
(29) “Promotion” or “promotional game” means an activity or game offered by the Agency to advertise the Agency and its products and services.
(30) “Retailer” means a person licensed by the Agency to sell lottery tickets.
(31) “Subscription” means a method of playing a lottery game which provides the ability to play a specific number of games using the same numbers for a period of consecutive drawings as specified on the subscription membership card.
(32) “Terminal” means a computerized unit specifically designed for issuing and processing tickets and for printing special reports.
(33) “Validate” or “validation” means the process of determining that a ticket is the rightful winner so that the claimant may be paid the prize.
(34) “Vendor” or “Agency vendor” means a person under contract to the Agency to provide services that support lottery games.