A. Overview of Commission.
(1) The Commission is included in the Agency.
(2) The Commission may advise the Director on the administration and operation of the Agency in accordance with the lottery law.
(3) With the assistance of the Agency, the Commission shall regulate the operation of video lottery terminals and table games in accordance with the gaming law.
B. Operational Procedures.
(a) The Commission shall:
(i) Determine the times and places of its meetings;
(ii) Set its procedures for frequency, notice, and conduct of meetings; and
(iii) Annually elect a chair from among its members.
(b) The Commission may annually elect a vice chair from among its members.
(c) The Commission may not act unless at least four members concur.
(a) The Director is the Secretary of the Commission.
(b) The Secretary of the Commission shall, as soon as practicable after the Commission meets, prepare minutes of the meeting and make them available to the public as required under §3-306 of the General Provisions Article, Annotated Code of Maryland.
C. Powers of Commission. The Commission may:
(1) Issue subpoenas to compel attendance of witnesses at any place within the State in the course of any investigation or hearing conducted under the gaming law;
(2) Administer oaths and require testimony under oath before the Commission in the course of any investigation or hearing conducted under the gaming law and lottery law;
(3) Serve or cause to be served its process or notices in a manner provided for service of process in civil actions under the Maryland Rules; and
(4) Propound written interrogatories.