A. In General.
(1) An informal, written request for an absentee ballot may be made to a local board.
(2) The written request may be in any form as long as it contains all the information required by this regulation.
B. Contents of Request. The request shall include the:
(1) Voter's name, residence address, and telephone number;
(2) Voter's date of birth;
(3) Address to which the ballot is to be mailed, if different from the residence address;
(4) Voter's signature; and
(5) Preprinted Form.
(a) Except as provided in §B(5)(b) of this regulation, in the case of a preprinted form other than a form authorized by Regulation .02 of this chapter, the deadline for the receipt of an absentee ballot application.
(b) The deadline for the receipt of an absentee ballot application is not required on a declaration accompanying the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot.
C. Third-Party Forms. An individual or organization creating a form other than a form authorized by Regulation .02 of this chapter shall consider printing the form on non-glossy, white paper to improve the form's readability by the local board.
D. Electronic Transmissions.
(1) The request may be submitted to the local board by electronic transmission.
(2) If a request is received by email, the request must be signed by the voter.
E. Deadline for Receipt of Request. A request under this regulation must be received by the local board by the deadline in Regulation .01D of this chapter.
F. Incomplete Information. If a request is timely, but any of the required information is missing, the election director shall attempt to contact the voter to correct the omission.