A. Plaintiff Filing a Complaint.
(1) A plaintiff filing a complaint that is required to be filed with the Administration in accordance with Insurance Article, §27-1001, Annotated Code of Maryland, shall submit the complaint to the Administration in accordance with the following procedures:
(a) The complaint shall include the information and be accompanied by the documents identified in Insurance Article, §27-1001(d)(2), Annotated Code of Maryland;
(b) The plaintiff shall file an original and one copy of the 27-1001 filing; and
(c) The 27-1001 filing shall be accompanied by a civil cover sheet.
(2) The form of the civil cover sheet shall be determined by the Administration and published by bulletin. The civil cover sheet shall be available:
(a) On the Administrationís website;
(b) At the Administrationís offices; and
(c) By mail on request of the plaintiff.
B. The 27-1001 filing and civil cover sheet shall be filed by sending them by:
(1) First-class mail addressed to the Hearing and Appeals Clerk, Maryland Insurance Administration, 200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700, Baltimore, Maryland 21202;
(2) A commercial overnight delivery service addressed to the Hearing and Appeals Clerk at the Administrationís official street address; or
(3) Hand delivery addressed to the Hearing and Appeals Clerk between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the official street address of the Administration.
C. The 27-1001 filing and civil cover sheet shall be filed in an envelope marked in bold print in the lower left corner ď27-1001 FilingĒ.