A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “27-1001 filing” means the complaint and supporting documentation filed by the plaintiff that are submitted to the Administration pursuant to Insurance Article, §27-1001(d)(1) and (2), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) “Complaint” means a written document that purports to state a cause of action under Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article, §3-1701, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) “Defendant insurer” means the insurer that is the subject of the complaint.
(4) “Good cause” means a privilege or doctrine recognized by statute or other law in the State as a basis on which to refuse to produce a document in response to civil discovery requests.
(5) “Plaintiff” means the person who is asserting the cause of action set forth in a complaint.
(6) “Responsive filing” means the response to the complaint filed by the defendant insurer with the supporting documentation that meets the requirements of Insurance Article, §27-1001(d)(4), Annotated Code of Maryland.