A. Each wellness benefit shall include:
(1) A health risk assessment that is:
(a) Available at no cost to all employees covered under the small employer's wellness benefit; and
(b) Completed by each employee on a voluntary basis;
(2) Written feedback to each employee who completes the health risk assessment, with recommendations for lowering risks identified in the completed health risk assessment; and
(3) A financial incentive to promote:
(a) Preventive care;
(b) Healthy behavior and lifestyle choices; or
(c) Participation in a disease management program or case management program.
B. The financial incentive described in §A(3) of this regulation may be in the form of:
(1) A direct reward of financial value given to the employee, such as a monetary reward or a gift card; or
(2) A reduction in the employee's copayments, coinsurance, or deductible that would otherwise be payable under the small employer's health benefit plan.
C. A carrier shall be considered to have satisfied the requirement of §A(3) of this regulation, if the wellness benefit offered by the carrier eliminates the deductible for preventive services only.