A. Using the instructions on the Maryland Insurance Administration's website to determine rural, suburban, and urban zip code areas, each carrier subject to this chapter shall file an annual access plan with the Commissioner through the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF) on or before July 1 of each year for each provider panel used by the carrier, with the first access plan filing due on or before July 1, 2018.
B. If a carrier makes a material change to an access plan, the carrier shall:
(1) Notify the Commissioner of the change in writing within 15 business days after the material change to the access plan occurs; and
(2) Include in the notice required under §B(1) of this regulation a reasonable timeframe within which the carrier will file with the Commissioner an update to the existing access plan for review by the Commissioner.
C. Each annual access plan filed with the Commissioner shall include:
(1) An executive summary in the form set forth in Regulation .09 of this chapter;
(2) The information and process required by Insurance Article, §15-112(c)(4), Annotated Code of Maryland, and the methods used by the carrier to comply with the monitoring requirement under §15-112(c)(5);
(3) Documentation justifying to the Commissioner how the access plan meets each network sufficiency standard set forth in Regulations .04.06 of this chapter; and
(4) A list of all changes made to the access plan filed the previous year.