A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Carrier” means a person that is:
(a) An insurer; or
(b) A nonprofit health service plan.
(2) “Grandfathered health plan coverage” has the meaning stated in Insurance Article, §15-1301, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) “Health benefit plan” has the meaning stated in Insurance Article, §15-1301, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(4) “Individual health benefit plan” means a health benefit plan issued by a carrier to a policyholder to cover:
(a) The policyholder;
(b) The policyholder's dependents; or
(c) The policyholder and the policyholder's dependents.
(5) “Mail” means first class mail or compliance with the Uniform Electronics Transactions Act, Commercial Law Article, Title 21, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) “Nongrandfathered health plan coverage” is a health benefit plan that is not grandfathered health plan coverage.
(7) “Policyholder” means the person to whom the carrier’s contract is issued.