A. The following acts or practices when committed on a military installation by an insurer or insurance producer with respect to the in-person, face-to-face solicitation of life insurance or annuity are prohibited as false, misleading, deceptive, or unfair:
(1) Knowingly soliciting the purchase of any life insurance product or annuity door-to-door or without first establishing a specific appointment for each meeting with the prospective purchaser;
(2) Soliciting service members in a group or mass audience or in a captive audience where attendance is not voluntary;
(3) Knowingly making appointments with or soliciting service members during their normally scheduled duty hours;
(4) Making appointments with or soliciting service members in barracks, day rooms, unit areas, transient personnel housing, or other areas where the installation commander has prohibited solicitation;
(5) Soliciting the sale of life insurance or annuity without first obtaining permission from the installation commander or the commander's designee;
(6) Posting unauthorized bulletins, notices, or advertisements;
(7) Failing to present DD Form 2885, Personal Commercial Solicitation Evaluation, to service members solicited or encouraging service members solicited not to complete or submit a DD Form 2885, as set forth in §C of this regulation; and
(8) Knowingly accepting an application or issuing a policy for life insurance or annuity, on the life of an enlisted member of the United States Armed Forces without first obtaining for the insurer's files a completed copy of any required form which confirms that the applicant has received counseling or fulfilled any other similar requirement for the sale of life insurance established by regulations, directives, or rules of the DoD or any branch of the Armed Forces.
B. The following acts or practices when committed on a military installation by an insurer or insurance producer constitute corrupt practices, improper influences, or inducements and therefore prohibited as false, misleading, deceptive or unfair:
(1) Using DoD personnel, directly or indirectly, as a representative or agent in any official or business capacity, with or without compensation with respect to the solicitation or sale of life insurance or annuity to service members; and
(2) Using an insurance producer to participate in any United States Armed Forces sponsored education or orientation program.
C. Personal Commercial Solicitation Evaluation Form.
Click here to view pdf.