A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Amount paid to claimant" means the amount of claim settlements and claim awards.
(2) "Closed claim" means a claim filed with the Director of the Health Care Alternative Dispute Resolution Office under Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article, §3-2A-04, Annotated Code of Maryland, that has resulted in:
(a) A final judgment in any amount;
(b) A settlement in any amount; or
(c) A final disposition that does not result in payment on behalf of the insured.
(3) "Confidential information" means "confidential commercial information", "confidential financial information", and "financial information" as those terms are used in State Government Article, §10-617(d) and (f), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(4) "Financial information report" means an annual report as described in Regulation .02 of this chapter.
(5) "Insurer" means each insurer that provides professional liability insurance to a physician, nurse, dentist, podiatrist, optometrist, or chiropractor licensed under Health Occupations Article, Annotated Code of Maryland, or a hospital licensed under HealthGeneral Article, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) "Neutral expert" has the meaning stated in Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article, §3-2A-09(d)(2), Annotated Code of Maryland.