A. This chapter applies to:
(1) Each domestic life and accident and health insurer, including nonprofit health service plans;
(2) Any other licensed life and accident and health insurer, including a nonprofit health services plan, that is not subject to a substantially similar regulation in its domiciliary state; and
(3) Each licensed property and casualty insurer with respect to its accident and health business.
B. This chapter does not apply to:
(1) Assumption reinsurance;
(2) Yearly renewable term reinsurance; or
(3) Certain nonproportional reinsurance, such as stop loss or catastrophe reinsurance.