A. The purpose of this chapter is to provide:
(1) Tables of select mortality factors and rules for their use;
(2) Rules concerning a minimum standard for the valuation of plans with nonlevel premiums or benefits;
(3) Rules concerning a minimum standard for the valuation of plans with secondary guarantees;
(4) Mortality tables to determine minimum valuation standards and minimum nonforfeiture standards for life insurance policies; and
(5) A requirement that all life insurers perform an asset adequacy analysis except in certain cases.
B. The method for calculating basic reserves defined in this chapter constitutes the Commissioner's Reserve Valuation Method for policies to which this chapter is applicable.