A. A person required to file a statement, form, or notification pursuant to Insurance Article, Title 7, Annotated Code of Maryland, shall file the statement, form, or notification as specified in the instructions provided in this chapter, and in accordance with the format, guidelines, and instructions approved by the Commissioner. The forms are not intended to be blank forms which are to be filled in; rather, the forms are intended to be guides in the preparation of the statements. A filed statement shall contain the number and captions of all items outlined in the form, with text addressing each applicable item or a response in the negative where not applicable.
B. A person filing a statement, form, or notification pursuant to Insurance Article, Title 7, Annotated Code of Maryland, and this chapter shall provide the filing, including exhibits, documents, information, and all other papers filed as part of the submission:
(1) Electronically to the Commissioner; or
(2) Via personal delivery or mail addressed to The Insurance Commissioner, Maryland Insurance Administration, Attention: Chief Financial Analyst, Examination & Auditing Unit, 200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700, Baltimore, Maryland 21202.
C. The statement, form, or notification pursuant to §A of this regulation shall:
(1) Be prepared in the English language; and
(2) State monetary values in U.S. currency.
D. Exhibits, documents, information, and all other papers filed as part of the submission pursuant to §A of this regulation shall:
(1) Be easily readable;
(2) Be suitable for review and reproduction;
(3) Designate debits in credit categories and credits in debit categories so as to be clearly distinguishable on reproductions;
(4) Provide a translation into the English language if the exhibit, document, or information is in a foreign language; and
(5) Provide conversion into U.S. currency if the monetary values are in a foreign denomination.
E. The person submitting a filing under §B(2) of this regulation:
(1) Shall prepare the statements on 8-1/2 x 11 inch paper;
(2) May bind at the top or the top left-hand corner of the paper; and
(3) May provide the exhibits, documents, information, and all other papers filed as part of the submission, unless specifically prepared for the filing, in their original size paper.
F. A statement, form, or notification filed pursuant to Insurance Article, Title 7, Annotated Code of Maryland, shall be:
(1) Signed in the manner prescribed on the form; and
(2) Accompanied by a copy of the power of attorney or other authority if the signature of any person is affixed pursuant to a power of attorney or other similar authority.