A. The provider shall ensure that each continuing education course approved by the Commissioner is taught by an instructor who has been approved by the Commissioner as meeting the qualifications specified in this chapter.
B. The provider shall submit to the Commissioner a course instructor information and approval form for each instructor of an approved course.
C. An instructor shall possess one or more of the following qualifications:
(1) A minimum of 2 years experience in the subject matter being taught;
(2) A degree in the subject matter being taught; or
(3) A minimum of 2 years recent experience as a licensed insurance producer and a minimum of 6 months practical experience in the subject matter being taught.
D. The Commissioner may not approve as an instructor a licensed insurance producer:
(1) Who has been fined; or
(2) Whose license has been suspended or revoked.
E. An instructor shall:
(1) Comply with this chapter;
(2) Provide students with:
(a) Current and accurate information on the subject matter of the course; and
(b) A course syllabus that shall contain at least the following information:
(i) Course title and designated course number assigned by the Commissioner;
(ii) Times and dates of the course offering;
(iii) Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of each course coordinator; and
(iv) Detailed outline of the subject matter of the course.
F. The Commissioner may revoke the approval of any course that is not taught by an approved instructor.