A. A provider shall submit to the Commissioner:
(1) A fully completed course approval package consisting of the following forms provided by the Commissioner;
(a) Request for approval of continuing education course,
(b) Course coordinator information,
(c) Course instructor information and approval form,
(d) Certificate of course completion, and
(e) Checklist of items that must accompany the course approval package;
(2) A statement of the educational objectives;
(3) A full and detailed description of the course content including the amount of time allotted to each subject covered by the course on an hour-by-hour basis;
(4) All course materials, including textbooks, written materials in place of textbooks, course syllabus, policy forms, and any other items used by the instructor;
(5) Promotional materials; and
(6) A statement of the refund policy, which shall include:
(a) Full refund of course fees due to cancellation by the sponsor; and
(b) The refund policy when the licensed insurance producer:
(i) Withdraws from the course before commencement, and
(ii) Fails to complete the course after it has commenced; and
(7) If the Commissioner contracts with a vendor to review continuing education courses, the fee charged by the vendor.
B. The provider shall submit a course approval package to the Commissioner as follows:
(1) A course previously approved in another state or jurisdiction that has adopted the “NAIC Uniform Declaration Regarding Continuing Education Reciprocity Course Approval Guidelines” shall be submitted using the NAIC Uniform Continuing Education Reciprocity Course Filing Form at least 30 days before the first date on which the course is to be taught; or
(2) A course that has not been previously approved in a state that has adopted the “NAIC Uniform Declaration Regarding Continuing Education Reciprocity Course Approval Guidelines” shall be submitted at least 45 days before the first date on which the course is to be taught.
C. The Commissioner shall notify the provider in writing of a course approval and the period of time of the approval, which shall be from the date of the approval until the second anniversary of the date the course was approved.
D. A provider may offer only a course approved by the Commissioner.