A. On request of a party, the Administration may issue subpoenas requiring the attendance and testimony of witnesses and the production, at the hearing, of any tangible items in the possession or under the control of a witness.
B. Subpoena Requests.
(1) A request for a subpoena shall:
(a) Be made, in writing, to the Administration; and
(b) Specify the:
(i) Name and full address of the person to be subpoenaed, and
(ii) Name, full address, and telephone number of the party requesting the subpoena.
(2) A subpoena that requests the production of tangible items, books, papers, or other documents shall describe those items with particularity.
(3) A subpoena request need not be served on all parties.
C. Service of Subpoenas.
(1) Except as provided in §C(2) of this regulation, subpoenas shall be served by hand delivery by an individual 18 years old or older who is not a party to the proceeding. For subpoenas requested 15 calendar days or fewer before the scheduled hearing, the requester shall provide service.
(2) In a case where the licensee to be served resides out of Maryland, the subpoena may be served by certified mail.
D. Return of service shall be made by:
(1) Affidavit, if hand delivered; or
(2) Return receipt, if mailed.
E. A person may object to a subpoena by filing a motion to quash or for other relief.
F. If a request for a subpoena was filed less than 15 days before the hearing date, the hearing officer may refuse to postpone the hearing based on the party's inability to serve the subpoena.