A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Current” means generally accepted, used, practiced, or prevalent at the moment.
(2) “Dedicated” means a resource is assigned to or for the exclusive use by a unit and not shared with any other unit
(3) “E” means the standard is essential.
(4) “O” means the standard is optional.
(5) “NA” means the standard does not apply.
(6) “Programmatic responsibility” means the writing, review, and maintenance of practice guidelines, policies, and procedures; development of the operating budget in collaboration with hospital administration and other program directors; evaluation and guiding of the purchase of equipment; planning, development, and coordinating of educational programs, both in-hospital and outreach; participation in the evaluation of perinatal care; and participation in perinatal quality improvement and patient safety activities.
(7) “Readily available” means a resource is available for use a short time after it is requested.
(8) “Telemedicine” means the use of interactive audio, video, or other telecommunications or electronic technology by a licensed health care provider to deliver a health care service within the scope of practice of the health care provider at a site other than the site at which the patient is located, in compliance with COMAR 10.32.05.and including at least two forms of communication.
(9) “Thirty (30) minutes” means in-house within thirty (30) minutes under normal driving conditions which include, but are not limited to, weather, traffic, and other circumstances which may be beyond the individual’s control.