The NFPA 101 Life Safety Code (2015 Edition) is incorporated by reference, except for the following amendments:
A. Amend Section 2.2 to add the referenced publication NFPA 1124 Code for the Manufacturer, Transportation, Storage, and Retail Sales of Fireworks and Pyrotechnic Articles, 2006 edition.
B. Amend Subsection 3.3.62 to add the following Paragraph: 18.104.22.168 Bulkhead Door. A type of door assembly covering an opening in the ground providing direct access to a basement, the floor of which is not more than 8 feet below ground level. The door consists of a single rigid leaf or two overlapping rigid leaves or covers which need to be pushed or lifted upwards in order to be opened. A person, after opening the door, can walk up a series of steps to escape to the outside.
C. Amend Paragraph 22.214.171.124 and Subparagraphs 126.96.36.199.2 and 188.8.131.52.2 to delete "more than 3, but".
D. Amend Paragraphs 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 to delete "four or more".
E. Amend Paragraphs 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 to replace "four" with "six".
F. Amend Subsection 4.5.8 and Paragraph 126.96.36.199 to delete "for compliance with the provisions of this Code".
G. Amend Paragraph 188.8.131.52 to delete "by the Code".
H. Amend Subsection 4.8.2 to add the following Paragraph: 184.108.40.206 Emergency action plans shall be maintained in a location approved by the AHJ.
I. Amend Subparagraph 220.127.116.11.12 to replace "required" with "provided".
J. Amend subparagraph 18.104.22.168.3 to replace "in Chapters 11 through 43" with "by the AHJ and Chapters 11 through 43".
K. Amend Subparagraph 22.214.171.124.1 to delete "required to be".
L. Amend Subparagraph 126.96.36.199.3 to delete "Required".
M. Amend Paragraph 188.8.131.52 to replace "only" in the first sentence with ", but not be limited to,".
N. Amend Paragraph 184.108.40.206 and Subsection 9.11.1 to delete "required by this Code".
O. Amend Paragraph 220.127.116.11 to add the following: This paragraph does not permit the omission of manual fire alarm boxes in accordance with other provisions of this Subsection unless specifically permitted by Chapters 11 through 43.
P. Amend Paragraph 18.104.22.168 to add the following Subparagraph: 22.214.171.124.1 for new ceiling installations, drop-out ceilings as referenced in NFPA 13, Subsection 8.15.15, shall be prohibited.
Q. Amend Paragraph 126.96.36.199 to add "High-rise buildings do not include a structure or building used exclusively for open-air parking."
R. Amend Paragraph 188.8.131.52 to add "or other approved testing standard approved by the State Fire Marshal".
S. Amend Paragraphs 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 to add the following:
(1) Not less than two separate exits shall be provided on every story.
(2) Not less than two separate exits shall be accessible from every part of every story.
T. Amend Paragraphs 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 to delete existing wording and replace with the following:
Fire emergency egress drills shall be conducted as follows:
(1) Not less than one fire emergency egress drill shall be conducted every month the facility is in session, unless the following criteria are met:
(a) In climates where the weather is severe, the monthly fire emergency egress drills shall be permitted to be deferred; and
(b) In educational occupancies which are:
(i) fully protected by an automatic sprinkler system, the total number of annual fire emergency egress drills shall be five, with a least two of the required drills conducted in the first four months of the school year; or
(ii) not fully protected by an automatic sprinkler system, the total number of annual fire emergency egress drills shall be eight, with at least three of the required drills conducted in the first four months of the school year.
(2) All occupants of the building shall participate in the fire emergency egress drill.
(3) One fire emergency egress drill, other than for educational occupancies that are open on a year-round basis, shall be required within the first 30 days of operation.
U. Amend Subsections 16.1.1 and 17.1.1 to add the following Paragraphs: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 Day-care centers providing day care for school-age children before or after school hours in a building which is in use as a public or private school are not required to meet the provisions of this chapter, but shall meet the provisions for educational occupancies.
V. Amend Subparagraphs 184.108.40.206.1 and 220.127.116.11.1 to add the following item: (4) For grade floor windows the minimum net clear opening shall be permitted to be 5.0 square feet.
W. Amend Sub-subparagraphs 18.104.22.168.1.1 and 22.214.171.124.1.1 to delete "more than three, but" and replace "seven" with "nine".
X. Amend Sub-subparagraphs 126.96.36.199.1.2 and 188.8.131.52.1.2 to replace "7" with "9".
Y. Amend Subparagraphs 184.108.40.206.1 and 220.127.116.11.1 to replace "both" with "all" and Items (1) and (2) with the following Items:
(1) The minimum staff-to-client ratio shall be not less than one staff member for up to eight clients, including the caretaker's own children incapable of self-preservation.
(2) There shall be not more than four clients incapable of self-preservation, including the caretaker's own children incapable of self-preservation.
(3) A staff-to-client ratio of at least one staff member to every two clients incapable of self-preservation shall be maintained at all times.
(4) The staff-to-client ratio shall be permitted to be modified by the authority having jurisdiction where safeguards in addition to those specified in this section are provided.
Z. Amend Paragraphs 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 and Subparagraphs 126.96.36.199.5 and 188.8.131.52.5 to add the following: Bulkhead doors may not serve as a primary means of escape.
AA. Amend Paragraphs 184.108.40.206 (Reserved) and 220.127.116.11 (Reserved) to add the following: SLIDING DOOR: For family day-care homes, a sliding door used as a required means of escape shall comply with the following conditions:
(1) The sliding door shall have not more than one, easily operated, locking device that does not require special knowledge, effort, or tools to operate;
(2) There may not be draperies, screens, or storm doors that could impede egress;
(3) The sill or track height may not exceed 1/2 inch above the interior finish floor;
(4) The surface onto which exit is made shall be an all weather surface such as a deck, patio, or sidewalk;
(5) The floor level outside the door may be one step lower than the inside, but not more than 8 inches lower;
(6) The sliding door shall open to a clear open width of at least 28 inches;
(7) Before day-care use each day, the sliding door shall be unlocked and tested to the full required width to be sure it is operating properly, and the door shall be nonbinding and slide easily; and
(8) During periods of snow or freezing rain, door tracks shall be cleared out and the door opened periodically throughout the day in order to ensure proper operation.
BB. Amend Paragraphs 18.104.22.168 (Reserved) and 22.214.171.124 (Reserved) to add the following:
SPECIAL MEANS OF ESCAPE REQUIREMENTS: For family day-care homes, deadbolt locks shall be provided with approved interior latches, or these locks shall be of a captured key design from which the key cannot be removed from the interior side of the lock when the lock is in the locked position.
CC. Amend Subparagraph 126.96.36.199.4 to delete "existing".
DD. Amend Subparagraph 188.8.131.52.3 to delete "or 184.108.40.206.5".
EE. Amend Subparagraphs 220.127.116.11.4(1) and 18.104.22.168.4(1) to replace "2 minutes" with "30 seconds".
FF. Amend Subparagraphs 22.214.171.124.4(2) and 126.96.36.199.4(2) to replace "2-minute" with "30-second".
GG. Delete Subparagraphs 188.8.131.52.5 and 184.108.40.206.5.
HH. Delete Paragraphs 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
II. Amend Subparagraph 22.214.171.124.3 to delete "or 126.96.36.199.5".
JJ. Amend Paragraph 188.8.131.52 to replace "three" with "five" and delete ", if any, accommodated in rented rooms".
KK. Amend Subparagraphs 184.108.40.206.3, 220.127.116.11.1(3), and 18.104.22.168.1(3) to insert ", or not less than 5.0 square feet for grade floor windows" after "5.7 ft2".
LL. Amend Paragraph 22.214.171.124 to replace "buildings" with "buildings that do not qualify as one- and two-family dwellings".
MM. Amend Sub-subparagraph 126.96.36.199.8.1 to delete "188.8.131.52.8.2 and".
NN. Delete Sub-subparagraph 184.108.40.206.8.2.
OO. Amend Table 42.2.5 to replace “50” with “75” and “15” with “23” for common path of travel for ordinary hazard storage occupancy not protected throughout by an approved, supervised automatic sprinkler system in accordance with 220.127.116.11(1).
PP. Amend Subparagraphs 18.104.22.168.2 and 22.214.171.124.3 to replace "Storage occupancies" with "Storage occupancies less than three stories".
QQ. Amend Sub-subparagraphs 126.96.36.199.1.1 and 188.8.131.52.1.3 to replace “Parking structures” with “Parking structures less than three stories”.