A. Initiation. A hearing may be initiated:
(1) On transmittal forms provided by the Office and accompanied by copies of all pertinent documents;
(2) On forms provided by the agency; or
(3) In any other manner permitted by law.
B. A hearing request shall include and be accompanied by the following:
(1) The name of the person requesting the hearing;
(2) The mailing address of the person requesting the hearing;
(3) The email address and phone number of the person requesting the hearing or an affirmative statement that this information is not available;
(4) The notice of agency action regarding which, or the name of the party against whom, the hearing request has been filed;
(5) An affirmative statement that the person requesting the hearing consents or declines to consent to electronic delivery of notice to the email address provided to the Office.
(6) Additional documents and fees required by this chapter or COMAR 28.03.01; and
(7) Other information required by law.
C. Dismissal. A case may be dismissed if an initial pleading is received without an item required by §B of this regulation.
D. Unless a case is dismissed pursuant to §C of this regulation, a hearing request received without an item required by §B of this regulation may be returned to the person requesting the hearing for resubmission with all of the required items. Return of the initial pleading under this section does not extend the time within which the initial pleading is required to be filed.
E. During the pendency of an action, a party shall notify the Office of a change in the party’s mailing address, email address, and phone number.