A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “ALJ” means an individual:
(a) Appointed as an Administrative Law Judge pursuant to the requirements established under State Government Article, §9-1604(a)(2), Annotated Code of Maryland; or
(b) Designated pursuant to State Government Article, §9-1607, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) “Chief ALJ” means the individual appointed as head of the Office pursuant to State Government Article, §9-1603, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) Dangerous or Toxic Item.
(a) “Dangerous or toxic item” means an object or substance that:
(i) Is capable of causing physical harm, or
(ii) Otherwise poses a threat to health or safety.
(b) “Dangerous or toxic item” includes, but is not limited to, chemicals and sharp objects.
(4) “Firearm” means a device capable of propelling a projectile by gunpowder or other means, including, but not limited to, a rifle, shotgun, or handgun.
(5) “Office” means the Office of Administrative Hearings.
(6) “Office facility” means a building in which a hearing, mediation, or other Office proceeding takes place.
(7) “Office proceeding” means any type or stage of legal process scheduled by the Office.
(8) “Police officer” means an individual who is authorized to make arrests in an official governmental capacity.
(a) “Weapon” means a device capable of inflicting bodily injury or destroying property.
(b) “Weapon” includes, but is not limited to:
(i) A firearm, crossbow or longbow, knife, club, razor, box cutter, nunchaku, or stun gun;
(ii) Metal knuckles, pepper spray, or mace; and
(iii) Any other device or object designed to be, or capable of being, used to inflict pain or cause injury.