A. Each county and municipality shall adopt ordinances necessary to implement a stormwater management program. Subsequently, counties and municipalities shall submit any proposed amendments to the Administration for review and approval. By joint action with the county, a municipality may adopt the stormwater management ordinance of its respective county.
B. Each local ordinance shall provide for:
(1) A comprehensive stormwater management plan review and approval process that:
(a) Considers all aspects of project planning, design, and construction from initial conception through final approval;
(b) Requires the submission, review, and approval of interim plans at an increasing level of detail for specific stages of project development;
(c) Provides for coordinated input for all plans from all appropriate agencies including, but not limited to, soil conservation districts and departments of planning, zoning, public works, and environmental protection; and
(d) Requires implementation of ESD to the MEP;
(2) Exemptions and waivers;
(3) Criteria and procedures for stormwater management;
(4) Proper implementation of stormwater management in accordance with the approved plan;
(5) Maintenance responsibilities and requirements including periodic inspection; and
(6) Penalties for noncompliance with the ordinances including suspension of construction activities when appropriate.