A. Containing Asbestos Waste. A person who engages in or has engaged in an asbestos project shall comply with the following:
(1) Deposit all asbestos waste, including sealing tape, plastic sheeting, mop heads, sponges, filters, and disposable clothing, in plastic bags of at least 6 mils thickness and seal the bags.
(2) Clearly label the bags and any structural components wrapped in plastic as required in §A(3), of this regulation, as asbestos waste. In addition to any label required by 29 CFR Part 1910 or 40 CFR Part 61, affix a label including the following information:
(a) The number of the person's license to remove or encapsulate asbestos; and
(b) The date the bag was sealed.
(3) If large structural members containing asbestos cannot be bagged or placed in containers, wrap them in 6 mil plastic, and tape the plastic closed and label them as required in §A(2), of this regulation, before transporting them to the disposal site.
(4) Ensure that asbestos waste is segregated from other waste and kept in a secure area or securely locked containers.
B. Removing Asbestos Waste from the Project Site. A person who engages in or has engaged in an asbestos project shall comply with the following:
(1) Remove asbestos waste from the site of an asbestos project that is not subject to 40 CFR Part 61 not later than 24 hours after completing the asbestos renovation, demolition, or encapsulation project;
(2) Remove asbestos waste from the site of an asbestos project that is subject to 40 CFR Part 61 not later than 7 days after completing the asbestos renovation, demolition, or encapsulation project;
(3) After removing asbestos waste from the site of an asbestos project, dispose of the asbestos waste as provided in §D, of this regulation, or comply with interim storage requirements under §C, of this regulation.
C. Interim Storage.
(1) A person may not store asbestos waste unless:
(a) The person is licensed by the Department under this chapter;
(b) Less than 20 cubic yards of asbestos waste is stored;
(c) The asbestos waste is enclosed in rigid containers which are kept in a secure area; and
(d) The person has submitted a written application for and received Departmental approval under §C(2), of this regulation.
(2) The Department will incorporate any approval for interim storage of asbestos waste in the license granted under this chapter and may include reasonable conditions to ensure that the stored asbestos does not become a threat to the public health.
D. Transport and Disposal. A person who engages in or has engaged in an asbestos project shall comply with the following:
(1) Transport and dispose of asbestos waste in a manner to prevent asbestos from becoming airborne. A person may not transport asbestos waste in an open vehicle.
(2) If disposing of asbestos waste within the State, use a disposal facility authorized by the Department for that purpose.
(3) Within 10 days after disposal of asbestos waste, submit to the Department a copy of the disposal receipt or record of appropriate disposal showing the disposal facility and date.