A. Requirements for New Installations, Sources, or Premises.
(1) Except as provided in §A(2) of this regulation, a person may not construct, modify, or operate, or cause to be constructed, modified, or operated, any new installation or source without first demonstrating to the satisfaction of the Department using procedures established in this chapter that total allowable emissions from the premises of each toxic air pollutant discharged by the new installation or source will not unreasonably endanger human health.
(2) If a new installation or source will discharge a TAP that is not listed in COMAR 26.11.16.07 and will be part of an existing premises, then emissions of that TAP from existing sources or existing installations on the premises may be omitted from a screening analysis unless the TAP is added to COMAR 26.11.16.07.
B. Requirements for Existing Installations, Sources, or Premises.
(1) Except as provided in §B(3) of this regulation, a person may not cause or permit the discharge of a toxic air pollutant listed in COMAR 26.11.16.07 from an existing installation or source if total allowable emissions of that TAP from the premises will unreasonably endanger human health.
(2) A person shall demonstrate compliance with §B(1) of this regulation using the procedures established in Regulation .07 of this chapter and COMAR 26.11.16.
(3) A person who owns or operates an existing premises shall meet the requirements of §B(1) and (2) of this regulation for each TAP listed in COMAR 26.11.16.07 by the applicable compliance dates listed in COMAR 26.11.16.07, or not later than 2 years after becoming subject to this chapter, whichever is later.