A. Emission Standard. A person who owns or operates a basic oxygen furnace may not cause or allow carbon monoxide emissions in the exhaust gases to exceed 1 percent by volume of the total exhaust gases discharged into the air.
B. Testing Requirements.
(1) Stack tests shall be performed using the EPA Test Method 10 or an alternative test method approved by the Department and the EPA.
(2) An initial stack test shall be performed on or before May 1, 2006.
(3) Additional stack tests shall be performed not later than 2-1/2 years after the previous test. Upon request, the specific dates on which each additional test is to be performed may be adjusted by the Department so that the testing is performed consistent with the schedules for other testing at the facility.
C. Determination of Compliance.
(1) In order to determine the total carbon monoxide being discharged from the basic oxygen furnaces, tests shall be performed simultaneously at each stack through which the gases from the basic oxygen furnaces are exhausted.
(2) Each test, with a duration of at least 1 hour, shall be considered a test run.
(3) Compliance with the 1 percent standard shall be determined as the average of three test runs.