A. The selection and installation of the pumping equipment shall conform to COMAR 09.20, or the local plumbing code, whichever is more stringent.
B. Electrical connections for pumping equipment shall conform to the National Electrical Code, or to the local electrical code, whichever is more stringent.
C. If a safety rope is used it:
(1) Shall be secured in the interior of the well; and
(2) May not penetrate the well casing or cap.
D. If an electrical conduit is present at the well terminal, it shall:
(1) Be secured to the well cap so as to prevent the entrance of vermin and debris;
(2) Be plugged at the interior opening with caulk or other suitable material to provide a water-resistant and insect-resistant seal; and
(3) Extend at least 18 inches below the finished grade.
E. Upon completion of pump installation, the person installing the pumping equipment shall disinfect the well, pump, and water supply system in accordance with this chapter.
F. In areas of the State where the plumbing code does not specify pump installation requirements, then the pumping equipment shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.