A. An application for a well construction permit shall be made on the forms provided by the Approving Authority.
B. A separate application shall be made for each well, except that a single application may be made for a cluster of wells under one of the following conditions:
(1) The cluster is for closed loop geothermal or dewatering wells and the maximum number of wells drilled per application is 20; or
(2) The cluster is for piezometers used in spill control investigations and other groundwater investigations required by the Department.
C. If piezometers are converted to permanent monitoring wells, a tag must be obtained for each one.
D. An application shall be legible and complete. An illegible or incomplete application may be returned to the applicant with a statement of the reason for rejection.
E. An application for a well construction permit shall be submitted to the Approving Authority for review, except for:
(1) An application for a test well for a public water supply system or a public well, which shall be submitted to the Department through the Approving Authority; and
(2) An application for a water supply well for use on a dairy farm, which shall be submitted to the Approving Authority who shall submit to the Maryland Department of Health for review prior to issuance.
F. An application for an injection well shall be submitted to the Department through the Approving Authority.
G. An application for dewatering wells shall be made to the Approving Authority if:
(1) The wells will be deeper than 30 feet;
(2) The well will be in use for greater than 30 days; or
(3) The well will contain pumping equipment.
H. An application for a cluster of wells shall include a drawing indicating the location of each proposed well on the property.
I. For a well permitted as part of a cluster that is proposed to be converted to a permanent monitoring well a separate application shall be made.
J. The Approving Authority may request additional information deemed necessary to consider the application.