A. In this chapter, the following words have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “ACH Credit” means a transaction through the Automated Clearing House Network originated by a participating employer to transmit payment of member contributions to an account at a financial institution designated by the Retirement Agency.
(2) “ACH Debit” means a transaction through the Automated Clearing House Network originated by the Retirement Agency to remove member contributions from a financial institution designated by a participating employer for payment into an account at a financial institution designated by the Retirement Agency.
(3) “Local employer” means a county board of education or the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners.
(4) “Participating employer” has the meaning set forth in COMAR 22.01.01.01B(11).
(5) Participating Governmental Unit.
(a) “Participating governmental unit” means a governmental unit that participates in a State system under State Personnel and Pensions Article, Title 31, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(b) “Participating governmental unit” includes a governmental unit that has withdrawn from participation in a State system in accordance with State Personnel and Pensions Article, Title 31, Subtitle 3, Annotated Code of Maryland, but has employees that continue to participate in a State system.
(6) “Supporting payroll data” means the information required to be provided by a participating employer for each member of a State system as each payroll is paid in accordance with Regulation .02 of this chapter.