A. A Transportation Network Company shall:
(1) Have a permit from the Commission authorizing its operation;
(2) Register with the Maryland State Department of Assessments;
(3) Maintain a registered agent in Maryland;
(4) Comply with all insurance requirements applicable to Transportation Network Companies, and ensure that Transportation Network Operators operating under its permit comply with all Commission Transportation Network Operator licensing requirements, vehicle inspections, and insurance requirements;
(5) Maintain a current registry of all Transportation Network Operators, vehicles and TNC platform activity associated with the TNC and, upon request, make the registry available for Commission review to assure compliance with this chapter;
(6) Provide Transportation Network Operators with a Transportation Network Company identification as defined under COMAR 20.95.01.24A(6) and COMAR 20.95.01.24A(7);
(7) Provide the following information on its website:
(a) The Transportation Network Company’s customer service telephone number or electronic mail address;
(b) The procedure for reporting a complaint; and
(c) A telephone number and electronic mail address for the Maryland Public Service Commission.
(1) A Transportation Network Company shall maintain, or require its Transportation Network Operators to maintain primary insurance coverage in the amounts and types specified in Public Utilities Article, §10-405, Annotated Code of Maryland;
(2) A Transportation Network Company shall provide proof of insurance as required by Public Utilities Article, §10-405(d), Annotated Code of Maryland; and
(3) A Transportation Network Company shall ensure that Transportation Network Company or Transportation Network Operator insurance coverage is in effect during Transportation Network Coverage Period One, Transportation Network Coverage Period Two, and Transportation Network Coverage Period Three;
(4) A Transportation Network Operator, a Transportation Network Company, or a combination of both shall maintain primary motor vehicle insurance that:
(a) Recognizes that the Transportation Network Operator is a Transportation Network Operator or otherwise uses a motor vehicle to transport passengers for hire; and
(b) Covers the Transportation Network Operator while the Transportation Network Operator is providing Transportation Network Services.
(c) Complies with the requirements of Public Utilities Article, §10-405, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(5) If the primary insurance required by Public Utilities Article, §10-405, Annotated Code of Maryland is maintained by a Transportation Network Operator and lapses or fails to provide the amount of coverage required, then the insurance maintained by a Transportation Network Company shall provide such coverage from the first dollar of a claim and provide for the duty to defend such claim pursuant to Public Utilities Article, §10-405(c), Annotated Code of Maryland.
C. A company that received a motor carrier permit prior to the effective date of these regulations may operate as a Transportation Network Company without obtaining another permit, provided the company otherwise complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to Transportation Network Companies.