A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Applicant" means the person, partnership, association, corporation, or government agency applying for telephone service, or developing an industrial park, shopping center, or other commercial or industrial building in which telephone service is to be provided.
(2) "Commission" means the Public Service Commission of Maryland.
(3) "Industrial park" means an area which has been zoned for industrial use and which is covered by a recorded subdivision plat.
(4) "Multiple-occupancy building" means a structure enclosed within walls or fire walls, built, erected, and framed of component structural parts and designed to contain 5 or more individual dwelling units.
(5) "Person" has the meaning stated in Public Utilities Article, §1-101, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) "Public service company" has the meaning stated in Public Utilities Article, §1-101, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(7) "Underground extension" means an underground extension of the telephone distribution system on an applicant's owned or leased property, primarily to serve the property, or the underground extension of the telephone distribution system to serve more than one customer in an area, such as in an industrial park.
(8) "Utility" means a "telephone company" as stated in Public Utilities Article, §1-101, Annotated Code of Maryland.