A. The Commission shall hold a public hearing on the application as required by law and shall render its decision in accordance with Public Utilities Article, §5-404, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(1) The applicant shall advertise the public hearing in a newspaper of general circulation in the area or areas where the proposed project is to be constructed once in each of 2 successive weeks immediately before the hearing as a legal notice.
(2) The applicant shall publish a display advertisement which includes:
(a) A brief description of the project which the general public can understand; and
(b) A map sufficient to indicate the proposed general location or route of the project, or both.
(3) All advertisements shall contain a statement that a map showing in detail the routing of the proposed oil pipeline is available for public inspection at a specific location within the county in which any construction is proposed.
C. Written Notice.
(1) The applicant shall give written notice to every person under or over whose land the proposed oil pipeline is to be located.
(2) The applicant shall send the notice by certified mail at least 30 days before the hearing to every owner or owners of the property as determined from the current tax assessment records of the political subdivision in which the property is located.
D. Other Notice.
(1) In addition and if appropriate, the applicant shall publish any other notice that may be required by other Maryland law and regulations, relating to but not limited to matters involving private wetlands, the use and diversion of State waters, and the probable effect of the application on ambient air quality.
(2) This notice shall refer to these matters as being part of the proceedings and public hearings on the application.
(3) The applicant under these circumstances shall obtain from the appropriate State agencies the proper form and content of public notice.
E. Proceedings under this subtitle shall be governed by the relevant provisions of the Public Utilities Article, Annotated Code of Maryland, and by the Commission's regulations.