A. In this subtitle, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Commission" means the Public Service Commission of Maryland.
(2) "Customer" means a person, partnership, association, corporation, or governmental agency being provided with water service by a utility.
(3) "Main" means a water pipe, owned, operated, or maintained by a water company, which is used for the transmission or distribution of water, but does not include "service pipe."
(4) "Meter", without other qualification, means a device or instrument which is used by a utility in measuring a quantity of water for billing purposes.
(5) "Premises" means a tract of land or real estate, including buildings and other appurtenances on it.
(6) "Service pipe" means the pipe which runs from the main to the customer's premises.
(7) "Utility" means a "water company" as defined in Public Utilities Article, §1-101, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(8) "Water plant" means plant and property owned by a water utility, used in its business operations of providing water service to its customers.