A. A subscriber organization shall ensure the training of its agents on the following subjects:
(1) Local, State and federal laws and regulations that govern marketing, telemarketing, consumer protection, and door-to-door sales as applicable to the types of marketing and jurisdiction in which the agent shall engage or operate;
(2) Responsible and ethical sales practices;
(3) The subscriber organizationís products and services;
(4) The subscriber organizationís rates, rate structures, and payment options;
(5) The customerís right to rescind and cancel contracts;
(6) The applicability of an early termination fee for contract cancellation when the subscriber organization has one;
(7) The necessity of adhering to the script and knowledge of the contents of the script if one is used;
(8) The proper completion of transaction documents;
(9) The subscriber organizationís Contract Summary Disclosure;
(10) Information about how customers may contact the subscriber organization to obtain information about billing, disputes, and complaints; and
(11) The confidentiality and protection of customer information.
B. A subscriber organization shall document the training of an agent and maintain a record of the training for 3 years from the date the training was completed.
C. A subscriber organization shall make training materials and training records available to the Commission and the Office of Peopleís Counsel upon request. Any such material shall be treated as confidential.
D. When a subscriber organization contracts with an independent contractor to perform marketing or sales activities on the subscriber organizationís behalf, the subscriber organization shall confirm that the contractor or vendor has provided subscriber organization-approved training to agents and independent contractors in accordance with this section.
E. The subscriber organization shall monitor telephonic and door-to-door marketing and sales calls to:
(1) Evaluate the subscriber organizationís training program; and
(2) Ensure that agents are providing accurate and complete information, complying with applicable rules and regulations and providing courteous service to customers.