A. The renewable energy portfolio standard applicable to a supplier for a given calendar year is provided under Public Utilities Article, §7-703, Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. On or before April 1 of each year, a supplier shall:
(1) Accumulate renewable energy credits from electricity generated before December 31 of the preceding calendar year equal to the percentage of credits from Tier 1 renewable sources and Tier 2 renewable sources required by §A of this regulation for that preceding year; or
(2) Pay a compliance fee as specified under Public Utilities Article, §7-705, Annotated Code of Maryland.
C. If appropriate, on or before April 1 of each year, a supplier shall pay the compliance fee required under §B(2) of this regulation to the Comptroller of the Treasury.
D. Tier 1 Solar Compliance ScheduleDelay Request.
(1) If a supplier's actual or projected dollar-for-dollar cost incurred or to be incurred solely for the purchase of Tier 1 solar RECs in any one year is either estimated to or actually does equal 1 percent of the supplier's total annual electricity sales revenue in Maryland, a supplier may request that the Commission:
(a) Delay for 1 year each of the scheduled percentages for solar energy under Public Utilities Article, §7-703, Annotated Code of Maryland; and
(b) Authorize the renewable energy portfolio standard for solar energy for that year to continue to apply to the electricity supplier for the following year.
(2) A supplier shall file a request under §D(1) of this regulation on or before February 1 of the year following the compliance year.
(3) A supplier request under §D(1) of this regulation shall contain the following information:
(a) The actual or projected dollar-for-dollar cost for the purchase of a Tier 1 REC solar and the formula for calculating these figures;
(b) The actual or projected total annual retail electricity sales revenue for the electricity supplier seeking the compliance fee schedule deferral and the formula used to calculate these figures; and
(c) The supplier's total Maryland retail electricity sales.