A. A supplier shall issue an identification badge to agents to be worn when conducting door-to-door activities or appearing at public events on behalf of a supplier. The badge shall:
(1) Accurately identify the supplier, its trade name and logo;
(2) Display the agentís photograph;
(3) Display the agentís full name;
(4) Be prominently displayed; and
(5) Display a customer service phone number for the supplier.
B. Upon first contact with a customer, an agent shall:
(1) Identify the supplier that he represents; and
(2) State that he is not working for and is independent of the customerís local distribution company.
C. When conducting door-to-door activities or appearing at a public event, an agent may not wear apparel or accessories or carry equipment that contains branding elements, including a logo, that suggests a relationship that does not exist with a utility, government agency, or another supplier.
D. A supplier may not use the name, bills, marketing materials or consumer education materials of another supplier, regulated utility, or government agency in a way that suggests a relationship that does not exist.
E. A supplier or supplier agent may not say or suggest to a customer that a utility customer is required to choose a competitive energy supplier.