A. Notice. A supplier shall provide the customer with notice at least 30 days before expiration or cancellation of a supply contract.
B. Contents of Notice. The supplier's expiration or cancellation notice required under §A of this regulation shall include:
(1) Final bill payment instructions;
(2) A statement informing the customer that, unless the customer selects a new service provider, cancellation of the contract shall return the customer to the utility; and
(3) The toll-free telephone number and the web site address of the Commission.
C. Early Cancellation.
(1) Notice of early cancellation by the supplier shall comply with §B of this regulation.
(2) Early Cancellation Fee.
(a) A supplier may impose a reasonable early cancellation fee if a customer cancels the contract before the expiration date.
(b) A supplier may deduct a cancellation fee from a customer deposit.
(3) Except as provided in COMAR 20.59.04.04 and .05, or in a tariff providing for a supplier default, a utility may remove a customer from supplier services only if directed by a supplier, subject to applicable bankruptcy law.
(4) On request of a customer to cancel supply service with the supplier, a supplier shall process the customer's cancellation request for gas service within 2 utility business days after receipt of the cancellation request.
(5) When a supplier contracts with a customer, the newly contracting supplier shall notify the customer that the customer may incur early cancellation penalties under a current supplier contract.