A. After an accident reportable under 49 CFR 195, a representative of the Commission may:
(1) Interview personnel;
(2) Examine equipment or pipe;
(3) Request issuance of a subpoena for production of equipment or pipe relating to the incident for independent preservation;
(4) Examine related documents;
(5) Order independent laboratory tests of equipment or pipe; or
(6) Take other investigative measures as needed to complete a comprehensive independent investigation.
B. An operator shall preserve all equipment or pipe which may have contributed to an accident until the investigation by the Division is completed.