A. In this subtitle, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Accident" has the meaning stated in 49 CFR §195.5.
(2) "Breakout tank" means a tank used to relieve surges in a hazardous liquid pipeline system or to receive and store hazardous liquid transported by a pipeline for reinjection and continued transportation by pipeline.
(3) "Chief engineer" means the head of the Engineering Division of the Commission.
(4) "Commission" means the Public Service Commission of Maryland.
(5) "Company" has the meaning stated in the Public Utilities Article, §1-101(f), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) "Compliance order" means a document issued by the Engineering Division to an operator directing compliance.
(7) "Division" means the Engineering Division of the Commission.
(8) "Hazardous liquid" has the meaning stated in the Public Utilities Article, §11-201, Annotated Code of Maryland and 49 CFR §195.2.
(9) "NOPV" means a notice of probable violation issued under COMAR 20.58.02.05.
(10) "Operator" means a person that owns or operates a pipeline facility.
(a) "Pipeline" means any part of a pipeline facility through which a hazardous liquid moves in transportation.
(b) "Pipeline" includes line pipe, valves, other appurtenances connected to a line pipe, pumping units, associated fabricated assemblies, and breakout tanks.
(12) "Pipeline facility" means new and existing pipelines, rights-of-way, and any equipment, facility, or building used or intended for use in the transportation of a hazardous liquid.