A. General. Any meter test required by this regulation shall be made at both check flow and full rated flow.
B. Preinstallation Test.
(1) Meter Accuracy.
(a) Except as provided in §B(3) of this regulation, the owner shall test a meter for accuracy before the meter is placed in service.
(b) The date of the accuracy test shall be within 2 years of the date the meter is placed in service.
(2) Leak Test. An owner shall test a meter for leaks before the meter is placed in service.
(3) Sample Testing New Meters. An owner may sample test new meters for accuracy in accordance with a sample plan approved by the Commission.
C. Request Test.
(1) Request for Test. Upon request by a customer and at no charge, the owner shall test the accuracy of the meter and associated metering device, if installed, serving the customer. A test under this subsection need not be made more often than once in 18 months.
(2) Customer May Observe. The customer, or the customer's representative, may be present when the test is performed.
(3) Report to Customer. A report of the results of the test shall be made to the customer within a reasonable time after the completion of the test, and a record of the report, together with a complete record of the test, shall be kept on file at the office of the owner for at least 3 years.
D. Referee Test.
(1) Application for Test. Upon written application to the Commission by a customer or an owner, an accuracy test shall be made of the customer's meter and associated metering device, if installed, as soon as practicable by a representative of the Commission. A test under this subsection need not be made more often than once in 18 months.
(2) Deposit for Test. The application under §D(1) of this regulation shall be accompanied by a $10 deposit.
(3) Notice to Owner. On receipt of a request from a customer, the Commission shall notify the owner and the owner may not knowingly remove or adjust the meter and associated metering device, if installed, unless instructed by the Commission. The owner shall furnish to the Commission's representative reasonable assistance if required to make the test.
(4) Customer May Observe. The customer, or the customer's representative, may be present when the test is performed.
(5) Report to Customer. A written report of the results of the test shall be sent to the customer and to the owner.
(6) Disposition of Deposit. If the accuracy test shows an over-registration of more than 2 percent at check flow, a deposit shall be refunded by the Commission and the owner billed the amount of the deposit. If the accuracy test shows an under-registration or an over-registration of 2 percent or less at check flow, the Commission shall retain the deposit.
E. In-Service Performance Test.
(1) An owner shall prepare and submit to the Commission an in-service performance plan.
(2) The Commission shall approve an owner's in-service performance plan before its implementation.
(3) An owner shall perform an in-service accuracy test of meters and associated metering devices, if installed, on a periodic interval or variable interval basis.
(a) An owner shall prepare a report showing all in-service performance tests conducted during a calendar year.
(b) The owner shall submit the report to the commission by April 1 of the following year.
F. As Found Test. An owner shall test a meter before adjustment, repair, or retirement.
G. As Left Test. If a meter does not meet the accuracy requirements of Regulation .04A of this chapter, an owner shall adjust, repair, or both, and test the meter for accuracy before returning it to service.