A. An applicant who submits misleading, incomplete, inaccurate information or fails to provide the updated information required under COMAR 20.51.03.01 may be penalized under the Public Utilities Article, Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. A penalty under §A of this regulation may include the:
(1) Denial of an electricity supplier license;
(2) Revocation or suspension of a license issued under Regulation .09 of this chapter;
(3) Imposition of a civil penalty of up to $10,000 per violation;
(4) Imposition of a moratorium on adding or soliciting additional customers; or
(5) Any other action the Commission considers appropriate.
C. The Commission shall consider, in determining the amount of the civil penalty imposed under §B(3) of this regulation, the:
(1) Number of previous violations of any provision of Commission law or regulations;
(2) Gravity of the current violation; and
(3) Good faith of the electricity supplier or person charged in attempting to achieve compliance after the Commission provides notice of the violation.