A. A utility shall determine on an expedited basis the level of review required for an interconnection request.
B. A utility shall use a Level 1 procedure to evaluate an interconnection request to connect an inverter-based small generation facility when:
(1) The small generator facility has a nameplate capacity of 10 kW or less; and
(2) The customer interconnection equipment is lab-certified.
C. A utility shall use a Level 2 procedure to evaluate an interconnection request when:
(1) The following criteria are met:
(a) The small generation facility has a nameplate capacity rating of 2 MW or less;
(b) The interconnection equipment is lab-certified or field-approved; and
(c) The proposed interconnection is to a radial distribution circuit, or a spot network limited to serving one customer; or
(2) Alternatively, the small generator facility was reviewed under Level 1 review procedures but not approved, and the applicant has submitted a new interconnection request for consideration.
D. A utility shall use a Level 3 review procedure to evaluate an interconnection request to area networks and radial distribution circuits when electric power is not exported to the electric distribution system based on the following criteria:
(1) For interconnection requests to the load side of an area network:
(a) The nameplate capacity of the small generator facility is less than or equal to 50 kW;
(b) The proposed small generator facility utilizes a lab-certified inverter-based equipment package;
(c) The small generator facility utilizes reverse power relays, other protection functions, or both, that prevent the export of power into the area network;
(d) The aggregate of all generation on the area network does not exceed the smaller of 5 percent of an area network's maximum load or 50 kW; and
(e) Construction of facilities by the electric distribution company is not required to accommodate the small generator facility; or
(2) For interconnection requests to a radial distribution circuit:
(a) The small generator facility has a nameplate capacity of 10 MW or less;
(b) The aggregated total of the nameplate capacity of all of the generators on the circuit, including the proposed small generator facility, is 10 MW or less;
(c) The small generator will use reverse power relays or other protection functions that prevent power flow onto the electric distribution system;
(d) The small generator is not served by a shared transformer; and
(e) Construction of facilities by the utility on its own electric distribution system is not required to accommodate the small generator facility.
E. A utility shall use the Level 4 study review procedures for evaluating interconnection requests if:
(1) The nameplate capacity of the small generation facility is 10 MW or less;
(2) The interconnection request cannot be approved under a Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 review, and the applicant has submitted an interconnection request for consideration under a Level 4 study review; and
(3) The interconnection request does not meet the criteria for qualifying for a review under Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 review procedures.