A. Telephone Directories. A pay phone service provider shall provide both white page and yellow page telephone directories on an annual basis for:
(1) All indoor pay phone locations; and
(2) Outdoor pay phone locations when requested by the site owner.
B. Height and Hearing Requirements. A pay phone service provider shall comply with Maryland and federal height and hearing aid compatibility regulations when installing a pay phone.
C. Access to Interexchange Carriers. A pay phone service provider shall ensure that its pay phone:
(1) Permits access to all interexchange carriers; and
(2) Allows completion of local and long distance calls in Maryland.
D. Coin Capability.
(1) Except as provided under §D(2) of this regulation, a pay phone service provider shall ensure that its pay phone is capable of:
(a) Accepting nickels, dimes, and quarters; and
(b) Handling sent-paid long distance other than sent-paid person-to-person calls, unless the pay phone is connected to a network-controlled coin line.
(2) A coinless pay phone that is exclusively card operated is not required to accept coin payment.
E. Coin Return. A pay phone service provider shall ensure that a coin-operated pay phone returns a deposited coin if a called telephone number is busy or not answered.
F. Amplified Handset. A pay phone service provider shall install:
(1) An amplified handset on a pay phone that replaces a phone with an amplified handset; or
(2) One pay phone with an amplified handset for every four pay phones in a single phone bank.