A. The following may not constitute cause for refusal of service to a present or prospective customer:
(1) Failure of a prior customer to pay for service at the premises to be served;
(2) Failure to pay for a different class of service for a different entity;
(3) Failure to pay the bill of another customer as guarantor of that bill;
(4) Failure to pay directory advertising charges;
(5) Failure to pay an undercharge as described in Regulation .01D(2) of this chapter; or
(6) Failure to pay an outstanding bill that is over 7 years old, unless the:
(a) Customer signed an agreement to pay the outstanding bill before the expiration of this period;
(b) Outstanding bill is for service obtained by the customer by means of tampering with equipment furnished and owned by the utility or by unauthorized use of service by any method; or
(c) Outstanding bill is for service obtained by the customer by means of an application made:
(i) In a fictitious name;
(ii) In the name of an individual who is not an occupant of the dwelling unit, without disclosure of the individual's actual address;
(iii) In the name of a third party without disclosing that fact or without bona fide authority from the third party; or
(iv) Without disclosure of a material fact or by misrepresentation of a material fact.
B. This regulation applies to both residential and nonresidential classes of service.