A. In this subtitle, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Commission" means the Public Service Commission of Maryland.
(2) “Community Solar energy generating system” or “CSEGS” has the meaning stated in Public Utilities Article, §7-306.2, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) “Customer” means any person, association, partnership, corporation, or governmental agency who has applied for utility service, in whose name a utility service account is maintained, or has been solicited by a supplier to purchase energy supply.
(4) "Dispute" means a disagreement between a utility and a customer regarding provision of utility service, disputed bills, billing practices, or terminations of service.
(5) "Disputed bill" means a bill which is the subject of a controversy between a customer and a utility regarding any billing error, including, but not limited to:
(a) Errors in computation;
(b) Failure of the bill to reflect a payment or credit; or
(c) Billing for service for which the customer alleges he was not responsible.
(6) "Inquiry" means the written or oral communication used by a customer to request review of a dispute.
(7) "Mediation" means a third-party effort to resolve, negotiate, or conciliate a dispute.
(8) "OER" means the Office of External Relations within the Commission pursuant to this subtitle.
(9) “Subscriber organization” has the meaning stated in COMAR 20.62.01.02B(19).
(10) “Supplier” has the meaning defined in COMAR 20.54.01.02B(9) and COMAR 20.51.01.02B(10).
(11) "Termination" means the discontinuance of electric, gas, or telephone service to a customer or premises.
(12) "Utility" means an electric company, gas company, combination gas and electric company, telephone company, or water company as defined by Public Utilities Article, §1-101, Annotated Code of Maryland.